Skip to main content

The Farmer in the Dell

The Farmer in the Dell

The farmer in the dell
The farmer in the dell
Hi-ho, the derry-o
The farmer in the dell
The farmer takes a wife (second verse)
The wife takes a child (third verse)
The child takes a nurse (fourth verse)
The nurse takes a cow (fifth verse)
The cow takes a dog (sixth verse)
The dog takes a cat (seventh verse)
The cat takes a rat (eighth verse)
The rat takes the cheese (ninth verse)
The cheese stands alone (last verse)


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Twinkle, Twinkle Little Star

Twinkle, Twinkle Little Star Twinkle, twinkle, little star, How I wonder what you are! Up above the world so high, Like a diamond in the sky. Twinkle, twinkle, little star, How I wonder what you are! Poem lyrics: Twinkle, twinkle, little star, How I wonder what you are. Up above the world so high, Like a diamond in the sky. When the blazing sun is gone, When he nothing shines upon, Then you show your little light, Twinkle, twinkle all the night. Then the traveller in the dark, Thanks you for your tiny spark. He could not see which way to go, If you did not twinkle so. In the dark blue sky you keep, And often through my curtains peep, For you never shut your eye, Till the sun is in the sky. As your bright and tiny spark Lights the traveler in the dark, Through I know not what you are, Twinkle, twinkle, little star. Twinkle, twinkle, little star, How I wonder what you are. Up above the world so high, Like a diamond ...

Where is Thumbkin

Where is Thumbkin Where is Thumbkin? Where is Thumbkin? Here I am! Here I am! How are you today, Sir? Very well. I thank you! Run and hide! Run and hide! Origin Not much is known about the origins of “Where is Thumbkin,” a children’s song sung to the tune of “Frère Jacques” and mimics its structure. Many alternate verses of the rhyme exist.